How does it work?
Axy Validator works the same way Salesforce applies standard validation rules. Once you have configured a rule with Axy Validator over a field in an object, the app starts the following routine every time a user tries to save a record for that object:
- The app checks, using a Before Trigger, if the content of the field complies with the format of the rule (the rule you have configured previously)
- If the format complies: the record will be saved.
- If the format doesn’t comply: Axy Validator will apply the Action you choose on the rule configuration: it can be Warning or Error.
- Warning: Axy Validator will save the record , and will show the ACTION MESSAGE on the ACTION FIELD you have configured in the Rule Setup.
- Error: the app will not permit to save the record and will show the ACTION MESSAGE you have configured in the Rule Setup.
See the FAQ: FEATURES: What type of actions does Axy Validator support? for more details